Sonntag, 5. Juli 2015

Friday July 3rd and Saturday July 4th 2015: on we go.... and women & technique!

Before I start: this blog might get short as I had far too much beer.... more about it later on!



Yesterday I actually managed 550km, though still without sheep fur on the saddle. Conclusion: 400-450km are ok, everything else is worth a message to Human Rights Watch!!!
From the cosy Motel in the middle of nowhere I drove through to Haines Junction and the landscape was still just breathtaking: simply uncredible wide and huge; the color green dominates, just broken up by a few pink Lupinias.



Wildlife seen so far: none! But hey, at kilometer 1350km I finally have seen three (3 !!!!) wild animals. They saved my day: 3 super small rabbits ...... isn't that cute? from bear and co. still no trace. But hey, I do not want to be tricky .... yes ... after all three wild rabbits within 1350km.



I set up my tent in Haines Junction and as WIFI wasn't really working fine I just went sleeping ...
Besides the rather restless night - no, no bears but a massive snorring tent neighbor (10 meters away) - I was waken up this morning by 3 USA motorcycles. What normally would be a nice sound, I do not need at eight o'clock in the morning. Really: the engines running for 15 minutes, practically next to my tent .... Why they did that just god knows.

After I got up I had to do some duties first: tensioning and lubricate chain, which worked out quite well. Otherwise a rather modest start to the day. Well, what can I say: it was somehow not getting any better: back "on the road", after about 50km the odometer broke down .... hmmmm .... ok, then we "feeing". Not bad either ;-)
As it flickered every now and then on the display, I assumed that it just had contact problems - unlike me ..... So I should somehow manage that in the evening (tutoring in "contact finding ....)
Once in Whiterhorse, set up the tent quickly at the Hot Springs and drove back to the city, finally buy a SIM card for Canada. Easier said than done. After what felt like 1000 hours we found out that my cellphone did not work in Canada ("gray-market cell phone, other frequencies, blablabla ...). So I just bought the cheapest phone in Wallmart (still way too expensive) and headed back to the campground. Wanted to actualise my blog and take some pictures from the running around squirrels. But you know what? My camera just did not work; the display a mix of grey and white (Ggrrrr, knurrrrr ....). I'm really giving up now.

I went to calm down in the Hot Springs. What a relief after all these troubles.











Since I was able to recharge my laptop in the Hostel-Office, I allowed myself in the meantime, something small to eat and to drink in the restaurant of the Hot Spring. That was theplan!!! I looked briefly into the menu (with us small draft beer show up always first) and ordered the beer right at the top. The waitress did not flinch a second and brought me the ordered Pitcher - 1.89Liter beer !!!!!!! Any questions? About the salad (at least something healthy), the potato specialty of the French cooking chef and about the price, I do not leave any more words ....
Conclusion: Tonight I probably will have to flee often times out of the tent, tomorrow I will have to buy a new camera and try to establish the contact of the odometer .... And hope that it will be a better day....







1 Kommentar:

Eshe hat gesagt…

Hi Judith,

I suppose this is the route you have taken so far!

I really love reading this blog!
550km, well you probably get used to a lot more km's with a sore bum later on in the trip ;-) I do advise to get a sheepskin asap!

X, Eshe